Simple Joys

Today, my wife and I met some friends for lunch and frozen yougert in Charlottesville. We didn't really talk about anything too profound; we didn't accomplish great tasks; we didn't solve the world's problems. We just shared a little corner of life.  Afterwards my wife and I enjoyed a leisurely drive home, punctuated by some homey food at Bob Evans.

We all need opportunities like this:  days where we can simply enjoy the life and the people in our lives that God has given us. The simple joys of good food, good conversation, good friends, and good times reminded me today that God has truly blessed me - and I would be doing him a disservice not to occasionally take time from a busy schedule to appreciate those blessings.

Jesus told his disciples, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10) God blesses many of us abundantly, but we never take time to appreciate the gift and enjoy our abundant life. Maybe that, too, is part of worship: enjoying the simple joys of God's abundant life.

In Christ,
Adam

Comments